To be eligible for either a permit or an endorsement you must:
- Hold, or be successfully in applying for, a security officer's licence;
- Complete the required forms; and
- Pay the prescribed fees.
To be eligible for a firearm endorsement you must:
- Complete a firearm training course (within the previous six months) with an approved registered training organisation and obtain a firearm training endorsement certificate;
- Provide a letter of intent from a security agent who holds a corporate firearm licence, stating that you are required to carry a firearm as part of your security officer duties; and
- Provide a medical certificate (less than one month old) stating that you are physically and psychologically fit to use and carry firearms.
To be eligible for a baton endorsement you must have completed a baton training course (within the previous six months) with an approved registered training organisation and obtain a baton training endorsement certificate.
You may be required to give your fingerprints and palm prints. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.