You will require this permit if you intend to conduct certain activities, works or commercial acts in the Swan River Trust Development Control Area. The Development Control Area includes the waters of the Swan and Canning rivers and adjoining parks and recreation reservations. It extends upstream from the Fremantle Traffic Bridge to Moondyne Brook on the Avon River, to the Lower Diversion Dam on the Helena River, along Southern River to the Allen Road crossing and along the Canning River to its confluence with Stinton Creek.
Activities that may require a permit include:
- repairs and maintenance
- emergency works
- erosion control
- temporary structures
- fire hazard reduction
- any commercial acts and activities
- riverbank disturbance
- digging in the river bed
- taking worms or other invertebrates
- removing or trimming trees or other vegetation
- launching vessels outside a permitted launching place
- organised events on water (if not on the Department's Aquatic Events Calendar), land-based spectator events will require approval from the local council.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.