Permit to Erect an Electrified, Barbed Wire or Razor Wire Fence - City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder - Western Australia


You will require this approval if you intend to construct an electrified fence or razor wire fence.

If you intend to erect a fence containing barbed wire or other spiked or jagged material on a residential lot, commercial lot, or industrial lot, you must also obtain the approval of the Council.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


Rural and special rural lots do not require this permit.

Eligibility requirements

Approval will not be granted for an electrified fence which is on a residential lot, or is adjacent to a residential lot unless:

  • the fence complies with AS / NZS 3015:2002 Electrical installations- Electricity security fences
  • the fence is rendered inoperable during business hours.

Approval will not be granted for a razor wire fence if the fence is within 3000 millimetres of the boundary of the lot, or the razor wire is less than 2000 millimetres or more than 2400 millimetres above the ground level.


As specified.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.


Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1995 Western Australia

Administering agency

City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.