Permit to Erect an Electrified, Barbed Wire or Razor Wire Fence - Shire of Wongan-Ballidu - Western Australia


You will need this permit if you intend to construct an electrified, barbed wire or razor wire fence around your property. This licence will not be issued if the fence is on, or next to, a residential lot.

Any fence that is constructed has to comply with the applicable standards. You will also need a building licence.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this licence you must ensure that:

  • Your fence complies with Australian and New Zealand Standard AS/NZS 3016: 1994;
  • Your fence may be rendered inoperable during the hours of business operations, if any, on the lot where it is erected; and
  • Any razor wire used in the construction of the fence is less than 200mm or more than 240mm above the ground level.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.


Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1995 Western Australia

Local law(s) name

Fencing Local Law 2000

Administering agency

Shire of Wongan-Ballidu

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.