** Scheduled maintenance **

The Department of Industry, Science and Resources has scheduled maintenance that will affect this service. From 7:00am to 11:00pm Saturday 20 July 2024 (AEDT). During this time you may experience intermittent disruptions to the service.

Permit to Interfere with the Bed or Banks of a Watercourse - Western Australia


You will need this permit if you have a watercourse on your property and intend to do any activity that might interfere with or obstruct the watercourse or its banks or surrounds. This includes the construction or modification of a dam or weir.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this permit, you must:

  • provide details of the activities you propose to carry out
  • detail the location of the watercourse and your property
  • have the necessary financial resources to carry out your proposed activities.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees will change depending on your circumstances. Please contact the agency for more information.

Act(s) name

Rights in Water and Irrigation Act 1914 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Rights in Water and Irrigation Regulations 2000 Western Australia

Lodgement process


You must submit your application to the appropriate regional office of the Agency.

Administering agency

Department of Water and Environmental Regulation


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.