You will require this permit if you intend to do work on a thoroughfare. A thoroughfare is a road, street, way or other public place. Work requiring this permit includes, but is not limited to:
- creating crossovers
- constructing a gate
- digging or creating a trench through or under a kerb or footpath
- felling any tree onto a thoroughfare
- driving any vehicle across a kerb or footpath (except at a specially constructed crossing)
- driving a heavy vehicle across a kerb or footpath
- creating a temporary vehicle crossing.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.