You will need this approval if you intend to be a pilot in a port operated by a port authority.
Any vessel moving into or out of a port must have an approved pilot on board. There is to be at least one approved pilot for each port.
There are five port authorities:
- Fremantle Port Authority (Port of Fremantle)
- Kimberley Ports Authority (Port of Broome)
- Mid West Ports Authority (Port of Geraldton)
- Pilbara Ports Authority (ports of Ashburton, Dampier and Port Hedland)
- Southern Ports Authority (ports of Albany, Bunbury and Esperance).
Please consult the relevant Port Authority for more information.