Private Boat Ramp or Jetty Licence - Western Australia


You will need this licence if you intend to construct a boat ramp, slip, jetty, boat house, pier, decking or any other structure that adjoins or extends over or into any water within a declared management area from privately-owned land. Waters and waterways include any rivers, inlets and estuaries, as well as any artificial canal, canal system, lake, lagoon or harbour connected to a waterway.

There are five declared management areas in Western Australia:

  • Albany waterways
  • Avon River
  • Wilson Inlet
  • Peel Inlet
  • Leschenault Inlet.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Licence All $30.00

Licence for a private boat ramp. Fees for 2023-24


Other resources

Task Business Structure Resources
General All Water Register (Opens in new window)

Act(s) name

Waterways Conservation Act 1976 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Waterways Conservation Regulations 1981 Western Australia

Administering agency

Department of Water and Environmental Regulation


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.