Pyrotechnics (Special Use) Licence - Western Australia


You will need this licence if you intend to use or possess outdoor theatrical fireworks or specialised pyrotechnics. This licence will also authorise you to store and transport limited amounts of those explosives.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this licence you must:

  • be at least 18 years old
  • hold a current Dangerous Goods Security Card (DGSC)
  • demonstrate knowledge and a good understanding of current legislation
  • demonstrate competence, practical experience and an appropriate level of training in discharging the duties of a pyrotechnics operator
  • be of good character and demonstrate responsibility
  • pass a relevant training course.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.



5 years.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount
Apply Application All $117.50

Act(s) name

Dangerous Goods Safety Act 2004 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Dangerous Goods Safety (Explosives) Regulations 2007 Western Australia

Administering agency

Resources Safety

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Dangerous Goods Licensing

Phone: 08 6251 2300
Website: Dangerous Goods (Opens in new window)