Registration as Non-Farming Property Owner - Western Australia


You will need this registration if you intend to operate a non-farming (supply chain) property where livestock is kept. Non-farming properties include:

  • abattoirs
  • export depots
  • transit depots
  • holding yards
  • pounds
  • saleyards
  • show grounds.

Once your application has been processed, you will be issued with a registration certificate and a Property Identification Code (PIC) card. You will not be issued with a brand or earmark.

The PIC allows you to transfer stock to and from your premises on the National Livestock Identification System (NLIS) database as required. You will also need to purchase NLIS tags and devices to use in identifying cattle, buffalo, sheep or goats that are not correctly identified when on your premises.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Three years


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Licence All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.


Act(s) name

Biosecurity and Agriculture Management Act 2007 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Biosecurity and Agriculture Management (Identification and Movement of Stock and Apiaries) Regulations 2013 Western Australia

Application process


In addition to your completed application form you must:

  • specify each non-farming property you intend to operate
  • pay the required fee.

Administering agency

Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development

Agriculture and Food

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.