You may need this registration if you intend to operate premises that will cause emissions. Emissions mean the:
- discharge of waste
- making of noise, odour or electromagnetic radiation
- transmission of electromagnetic radiation.
Premises that cause emissions are prescribed premises. The types of prescribed premises which need registration include:
- intensive livestock housing of cattle and pigs
- chemical manufacturing, processing or handling
- water treatment or desalination
- ceramic goods manufacturing.
Please see part 2 of the attached document for a complete list of prescribed premises that need registration.