You may require this registration if you intend to operate a premises or site where you undertake activities that directly or indirectly cause or increase emissions. An emission refers to the:
- discharge of waste
- emission of noise, odour or electromagnetic radiation
- transmission of electromagnetic radiation.
You will not require this registration if the emissions are caused by anything done in accordance with a current works approval.
The types of premises which may require registration are listed in Part 2 of Schedule 1 of the Regulations. Examples of prescribed premises include large scale operations involving:
- intensive livestock housing of cattle and pigs
- chemical manufacturing, processing or handling
- water treatment or desalination
- ceramic goods manufacturing.
If you become the occupier of a registered premises you must notify the Agency of your occupancy.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.