You will need this registration if you have certain items of plant within your workplace. Plant can include:
- any machinery, equipment, appliance, container, implement and tool
- any component of the above items of plant
- anything fitted or connected to the above items of plant.
Only certain types of plant need to be registered, which include:
- amusement structures (other than class 1)
- building maintenance units
- mobile cranes (other than tow trucks)
- pressure vessels
- tower cranes
- truck-mounted concrete placing units with booms.
If the designs of the plant change, the plant is relocated or there is a change of ownership of the plant, the plant must be re-registered.