Registration to Keep a Miniature Horse or Pig - Western Australia


You may require this registration if you intend to keep a miniature horse or pig. There may be limits on the number of miniature horses or pigs you can keep. Separate registration may be needed to keep more than the maximum allowed number.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As indicated on the registration.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount
Apply Application All $82.00

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1995 WA

Local law(s) name

Animals Local Law 1999

Additional information

Whether registration is required will depend on the location of your property. It is generally required if you intend to keep a miniature horse or pig in a residential area.

Administering agency

City of Joondalup

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Enquiries Officer

City of Joondalup

Operating address: 90 Boas Avenue
Joondalup, Western Australia 6027
Mailing address: PO BOX 21
Joondalup, Western Australia 6027
Phone: 08 9400 4000
Fax: 08 9300 1383
Website: City of Joondalup (Opens in new window)