You will need this permit if you intend to remove and reinstall or replace a water heater as a licensed electrician or gasfitter.
This permit authorises you to disconnect, remove, install and connect a compression union, a temperature / pressure relief valve or an expansion control valve in the course of removing, reinstalling or replacing a water heater, provided that the following applies:
- the removal, installation or replacement of the water heater being on a like-for-like basis
- no change to the existing pipes being needed
- the existing pipes are in a safe and proper working order
- the temperature / pressure relief valve overflow pipe complying with the plumbing standards
- the use of a flexible hose connection is not needed.