You will require this permit if you intend to remove, reinstall or replace a water heater but are not a licensed plumber or plumbing tradesperson.
This permit is only for those who already hold an electrical workers licence, electrical contractors licence, gasfitting permit or gasfitting authorisation. This permit authorises you to disconnect, remove, install and connect a compression union, a temperature / pressure relief valve or an expansion control valve in the course of removing, reinstalling or replacing a water heater, provided that the following applies:
- the removal, installation or replacement of the water heater being on a like-for-like basis
- no change to the existing pipes being required
- the existing pipes being in a safe and proper working order
- the temperature / pressure relief valve overflow pipe complying with the plumbing standards
- the use of a flexible hose connection is not required.