You will require approval if you intend to undertake any of the following activities on Rottnest Island:
- alteration, demolition or construction of buildings or other structures
- making a substantial change in the way a piece of land is used
- work that disturbs the ground (including digging, trenching and fencing)
- installing or using moorings
- pruning trees
- removing or introducing plants or animals
- host a function
- commercial filming
- driving on the island or bringing a car to the island.
Please be aware that if you intend to operate a food business you will require a different licence. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.