You will need to hold this licence if you intend to store security sensitive ammonium nitrate (SSAN) in bulk or in packages and when you hold a SSAN manufacture licence. A SSAN is a substance that contains more that 45% ammonium nitrate, unless it is an explosive or an aqueous solution.
This licence is not need if you
- hold a Shotfiring Licence that relates to the SSAN and you store no more than 100kg of the SSAN
- hold an Explosive Storage Licence
- hold a SSAN Transport Licence
- hold an SSAN Fertiliser Licence (only for small amounts of SSAN)
- are an employee of the holder of a relevant licence
- control and manage a commercial laboratory, or are employed by a commercial laboratory and you intend to store the SSAN for analytical or research purposes and there is not more than 3kg of any SSAN in the laboratory
- operate, or are employed by, an educational institution and intend to store no more than 3kg of any SSAN in a laboratory for analytical, education or research purposes.
Please note that the Agency recommends the use of an accredited dangerous goods consultant to prepare and submit your application.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.