You will require this licence if you intend to conduct a business that involves transporting a security sensitive ammonium nitrate (SSAN) on a road that is open to the public, or by rail. This includes a testing laboratory at which SSAN is used. A SSAN is a substance that contains more that 45% ammonium nitrate unless it is an explosive or an aqueous solution. This licence is an umbrella licence that covers one or more vehicles used in the transport of the SSAN.
You may not require this licence if you
- hold a current interstate SSAN transport licence
- hold a SSAN Fertiliser Licence
- hold a Shotfiring Licence
- hold an Explosives Manufacture (MPU) Licence
- are an employee of the holder of an SSAN Transport licence
- control, manage, or are employed in, a commercial laboratory and the quantity being transported is less than 3kg
- are employed by an education institution or government organisation and the quantity being transported is less than 3kg.
If you intend to transport SSAN in a receptacle in quantities greater than 500 litres or 500 kilograms you will instead require a dangerous goods vehicle licence.
Please note that the Agency recommends the use of an accredited dangerous goods consultant to prepare and submit your application.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.