You will need this licence if you intend to operate as a service provider in a port operated by a port authority. A service provider is a person who may provide the following services to vessels in ports:
- boat line
- bulk handling
There are five port authorities:
- Fremantle Port Authority (Port of Fremantle)
- Kimberley Ports Authority (Port of Broome)
- Mid West Ports Authority (Port of Geraldton)
- Pilbara Ports Authority (ports of Ashburton, Dampier and Port Hedland)
- Southern Ports Authority (ports of Albany, Bunbury and Esperance).
Please consult the relevant Ports Authority for more information.