You will need this licence if you intend to operate a shooting gallery in Western Australia. Air rifles up to 0.22 calibre may be used at your shooting gallery.
Your shooting range must comply with the Western Australian Police Standards of Approval. Your application must include:
- the application form
- plans of your range
- photographs of your range
- plans of locality, showing the site of your range
- evidence of ownership, lease, or authority to use the site of the range
- a letter from the Council demonstrating there are no objections to the use of the site for shooting
- a copy of your Range Orders
- a copy of your public liability insurance policy
- a copy of the letter of authority, if firing rights over private or state owned property is involved
- if outdoors and not fully baffled, a range danger area template.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.