Sign Licence - Shire of Mundaring - Western Australia


You will need this licence if you intend to erect or maintain a sign on a street, public place or on private land. Types of signs can include but are not limited to:

  • for sale or lease signs
  • display home signs
  • horizontal signs
  • illuminated signs
  • pylon or town sign
  • rural producer's sign
  • portable signs
  • political signs
  • sign panels.

You may need to also obtain planning approval to erect or maintain a sign.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the council to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $110.00

Directional sign. Fees for 2022-23

Apply Licence All -

Business directional sign on highway:

  • 1.5m x 200mm: $450 per sign
  • 1m x 150mm: $315 per sign
  • 1m x 200mm: $375 per sign.

Fees for 2022-23


Other resources

Task Business Structure Resources
Comply All Directional Signs - Guidelines (Opens in new window)

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1995 Western Australia

Local law(s) name

Signs Local Law 2009

Administering agency

Shire of Mundaring

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.