You may need this certificate if you intend to operate a small retail business beyond normal shopping hours. This certificate will authorise you to trade 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Your shop is a small retail shop if:
- it is owned by up to six people who are actively involved in running the shop
- it is owned by people who operate no more than four retail shops in total
- no more than 25 people work in the shop at any one time (people employed as apprentices are not included in maximum permitted staffing numbers)
- it does not sell motor vehicles
- it is not a petrol station.