You will require this Certificate if you operate a special retail shop and intend to open beyond the normal shopping hours. This Certificate allows you to trade between 6am and 11.30pm every day of the year. Special retail shops are shops considered necessary for convenience or emergency or offer weekend recreational goods, and include:
- newsagencies and bookshops
- garden nurseries
- hardware and home improvement shops
- video shops
- art and craft shops
- souvenir and duty free shops
- shops at sports venues
- boating shops
- motor vehicle spare parts shops
- shops at international standard hotels.
You will not require any approval to trade outside normal trading hours if your business is either:
- located north of the 26th parallel
- a restaurant or cafe
- a take-away food shop
- a veterinary clinic
- a transport terminal or station where public passenger transport services are running
- part of a show held by an incorporated agricultural or horticultural society
- part of a bazaar or fair, the proceeds of which are intended for religious, charitable or public purposes.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.