Street Entertainer's Permit - City of Perth - Western Australia


You will require this permit if you intend to perform street entertainment, including busking, playing musical instruments, singing, acting and reciting poetry. If you are under the age of 14 years, you may need to seek council's special authorisation.

The permit will specify the area and time that you are allowed to perform. You must not cause offence by your appearance or with your entertainment.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible you must not have committed an offence within the last 5 years and be a fit and proper person.


Up to a period of 12 months.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $12.00

Buskers licence (photo ID)

Apply Licence All $20.00 Busker Merchandising licence - 3 months
Apply Licence All $45.00 Busker merchandising licence - 12 months
Apply Licence All -

Group street entertaining (up to six people):

  • three months - $25.00
  • twelve months - $60.00

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1995 Western Australia

Local law(s) name

Public Trading Local Law 2005

Application process


You will need to submit:

  • Proof of identity such as a driver's licence or birth certificate;
  • You passport or appropriate work visa if you are a non resident of Australia; or
  • A parent consent form if you under the age of 18 years.

Administering agency

City of Perth

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

General Enquiries

City of Perth

Operating address: 27 St George's Terrace
Perth, Western Australia 6000
Mailing address: GPO BOX C120
Perth, Western Australia 6839
Phone: 08 9461 3333
Fax: 08 9461 3083
Website: City of Perth (Opens in new window)