You will need this permit if you intend to move an unlicensed vehicle for the purposes of examination for licensing or repairs prior to licensing. This permit can be obtained for the purposes of moving:
- an agricultural vehicle to a property, to remain on such property
- an agricultural vehicle to the nearest place where repairs may be made
- an unlicensed vehicle to a different state to be licensed
- a licensed vehicle from a different state to Western Australia
- a vehicle to a Vehicle Examination Centre for inspection.
Temporary movement permits are issued for movements within a 48-hour period and may be used to travel through or into South Australia and the Northern Territory. If your permit expires when you are outside of Western Australia, you must apply for the applicable permit in that jurisdiction.