Temporary Permit - Western Australia


You may need this permit to temporarily operate, use, manufacture, possess, store or otherwise deal with irradiating apparatus, radioactive substances or electronic products. You may also need this registration if your premises is likely to be affected by the use of an irradiating apparatus or electronic product.

This permit can take effect as a temporary:

  • Licence to Operate or Use Radioactive Substances
  • Licence to Operate or Use Irradiating Apparatus
  • Registration to Manufacture, Possess and Store Radioactive Substances
  • Registration to Manufacture, Possess and Store Irradiating Apparatus.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Up to three months


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fee information is on the attached form.

Act(s) name

Radiation Safety Act 1975 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Radiation Safety (General) Regulations 1983 Western Australia

Administering agency

Radiological Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

The Secretary

Radiological Council

Western Australia
Mailing address: 189 Royal Street
East Perth, Western Australia 6004
Mailing address: LOCKED BAG 2006
Nedlands, Western Australia 6009
Phone: 08 9222 2000
Email: radiation.health@health.wa.gov.au
Website: Radiological Council (Opens in new window)