Test Permit for Unauthorised Explosives - Western Australia


You will need this permit if you intend to test a non-authorised explosive. A non-authorised explosive is an article or substance that is neither an authorised explosive, nor a prohibited explosive and that is intended to be manufactured or used to produce an explosion or a pyrotechnic effect.

You will also need a test permit if you intend to import, manufacture or store an unauthorised explosive, in addition to the relevant permit for that particular activity. The testing of authorised explosives and fireworks does not require a permit.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this permit you must:

  • provide details of the properties of the explosives you intend to test
  • provide details of the intended use of the explosives, the dates and where the explosives (to be tested) are to be manufactured.

You can make your application as an individual, partnership or body corporate.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


For the duration of the testing period.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount
Apply Application All $186.00

Other resources

Act(s) name

Dangerous Goods Safety Act 2004 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Dangerous Goods Safety (Explosives) Regulations 2007 Western Australia

Administering agency

Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety

Resources Safety

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Dangerous Goods Licensing

Resources Safety

Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety

Phone: 08 6251 2300
Email: cso@dmirs.wa.gov.au
Website: Dangerous Goods (Opens in new window)