Trading in Public Places Licence or Permit - City of Bayswater - Western Australia


You will need a licence or a permit if you intend to trade goods or services in public places. Public places include Council land, and places that the public have a right of access, such as streets, thoroughfares and parks.

There are three types of public trading activities:

  • street trader - offering goods (for sale or hire) or services in a public place
  • stallholder - displaying goods (for sale or hire) or offering services from a movable or temporary structure, stand or table
  • hawker - going from place to place, whether or not they are public places, and offering goods (for sale or hire) or services.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the council to identify any eligibility requirements.


One year unless otherwise stated.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $53.00

Fees for 2023-24

Apply Application All $53.00

Mobile food vehicle application. Fees for 2023-24

Lodge Licence All -

Mobile food vehicle permit:

  • $255.00 for 3 months
  • $510.00 for 6 months
  • $1020.00 for 12 months.

Fees for 2023-24

Renew Renewal All $32.00

Mobile food vehicle renewal. Fees for 2023-24

Other resources

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1995 Western Australia

Administering agency

City of Bayswater

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.