Trading in Public Places Licence or Permit - Shire of Perenjori - Western Australia


You will need a licence or a permit if you intend to trade goods or services in public places. Public places include Council land, and places that the public have a right of access, such as streets, thoroughfares and parks.

There are three types of public trading activities:

  • street trader - offering goods (for sale or hire) or services in a public place
  • stallholder - displaying goods (for sale or hire) or offering services from a movable or temporary structure, stand or table
  • hawker - going from place to place, whether or not they are public places, and offering goods (for sale or hire) or services.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the council to identify any eligibility requirements.


One year unless otherwise stated.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Licence All

Food premises registration (including mobile and itinerant):

  • high risk - $227.00
  • medium risk - $197.00
  • low risk - $114.00

Fees for 2022-23

Apply Licence All

Itinerant and mobile vendor permit fees:

  • annual fee - $576.30
  • per day - $115.26
  • 3 day / weekend - $230.52

Fees for 2022-23


Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1995 Western Australia

Local law(s) name

Activities on Thoroughfare and Trading in Thoroughfare and Public Places Local Law 2000

Administering agency

Shire of Perenjori

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.