You may require a permit if you intend to undertake certain activities in Aboriginal reserves and communities. The two types of permits available are transit permits and mining access permits. Transit permits are required if you intend to enter and pass through certain Aboriginal reserves and are generally issued on a short-term basis. They usually apply if you intend to:
- visit or travel through for tourism, recreation or business purposes
- visit art or cultural centres
- conduct pre-arranged business with communities.
Mining access permits are required if you intend to:
- conduct any mining activity, such as surveying and / or marking out of tenements, fossicking, prospecting, exploring and mining
- travel through to access other mining tenements for prospecting, exploration or mining purposes.
The approval of the specific Aboriginal community you intend to visit may be required before you undertake commercial activities on reserve or community land.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.