Undertake Controlled Activity in an Environmental Reserve - Western Australia


You need this approval to undertake an activity that would otherwise be unlawful in an environmental reserve.

Environmental reserves include:

  • state forests
  • timber reserves
  • national parks
  • conservation parks
  • marine nature reserves
  • marine parks
  • marine management areas
  • some private reserves managed by the state government.

Activities that require this approval include:

  • abseiling outside a designated abseiling area
  • sandboarding
  • erecting or placing any structure (including buildings, fences, posts, jetties, pontoons, cairns, memorials or gates but not a mooring which requires a different licence)
  • clearing any land
  • quarrying, removing or disturbing any rocks, soil or leaf litter
  • dumping or abandoning vehicles or machinery
  • damaging or disturbing any property (including signs, structures, ticket machines and aboriginal artefacts)
  • placing signs or notices
  • lighting a fire, campfire or stove in a restricted area.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.


Act(s) name

Conservation and Land Management Act 1984 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Conservation and Land Management Regulations 2002 Western Australia

Administering agency

Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Parks and Wildlife Service

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.