You must comply with this code to provide water services in Western Australia. Water services include:
- water supply services (for potable and non-potable water)
- sewerage services
- irrigation services (for irrigation for agriculture or pasture)
- drainage services (management of stormwater, groundwater, surface water or soil salinity).
This code requires each licensed water services provider to have and publish a family violence policy covering:
- employee training
- information provided to customers
- systems to account for customers affected by family violence without the customer having to repeat details of the issues
- protection of family violence information
- the circumstances for financial hardship and payment difficulties for those affected by family violence
- how the licensee will deal with debt management for family violence affected customers
- requesting written evidence of family violence.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.