You will need this licence if you intend to provide a water service. Water services include:
- water supply services (for potable and non-potable water)
- sewerage services
- irrigation services (for irrigation for agriculture or pasture)
- drainage services (management of stormwater, groundwater, surface water or soil salinity).
A licence may authorise you to provide one or more classes of water service.
You will not need this licence if you intend to:
- supply your own water services
- transport water by cart, truck or tanker
- act as an intermediary between the supplier and end user (e.g. a commercial building where water is delivered to individual tenants)
- conduct mine dewatering (excluding any on-supply of mine dewater)
- conduct geothermal water supply services.