Wholesaler's Liquor Licence - Western Australia

Description

You will require this licence if you intend to sell alcohol as a wholesaler. This licence allows you to sell packaged liquor from a licensed premises in any quantity to a liquor merchant. At least 90 percent of your gross turnover from the sale of liquor must come from sales to liquor merchants or other people authorised by law to sell liquor. The remaining 10 percent of sales to non-liquor merchants must be in quantities of no less than 4 litres at a time.

Applications may be made as:

  • an individual person
  • a director representing a company
  • two or more individual persons or companies jointly
  • an association.

Please note alcohol bans apply in some community areas. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type

Licence

A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for the licence you must:

  • supply details about the suitability, nature and standard of the premises
  • demonstrate that the quiet and good order of the locality would not be lessened
  • be a fit and proper person
  • complete the required forms
  • pay the prescribed fees.

For a full list of items that must be submitted with your application please see the attached documents. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.

Ongoing eligibility requirements

You must maintain a record of all transactions involving the sale or purchase of liquor. A return of all liquor transactions made during the previous financial year is due by 31 July each year.

Duration

Indefinite subject to retaining the same premises and paying the annual licence fee.

Fees

Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $915.00

Other fees may apply, including probity fee for each individual.

Apply Licence All $603.00

For the initial application, the licence fee is charged at a pro-rata rate.

Transfer Transfer All $876.00 -

Act(s) name

Liquor Control Act 1988 Western Australia

Regulation(s) name

Liquor Control Regulations 1989 Western Australia

Additional information

You may be able to provide free samples on a designated area of your premises if you have the appropriate facilities and planning approvals.

Administering agency

Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries

Racing, Gaming and Liquor

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Enquiries

Racing, Gaming and Liquor

Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries

Operating address: Gordon Stephenson House
Level 2
140 William Street
Perth, Western Australia 6000
Mailing address: PO BOX 8349
Perth BC, Western Australia 6849
Toll Free: 1800 634 541 Freecall for WA country callers only.
Phone: 08 6551 4888
Fax: 08 9325 1041
Email: rgl@rgl.wa.gov.au
Website: Racing, Gaming and Liquor (Opens in new window)