You will require this check if you intend to engage in paid, unpaid or volunteer work with children in Western Australia. The check is there to assess the risk of harm to children should you engage in child-related work. The check includes a review of your national police history and, where you have a relevant criminal record, an assessment of all other appropriate information.
You will be considered to have child-related work if it falls into one of the following categories:
- child care service
- community kindergarten
- educational institution for children
- coaching or private tuition service
- arrangement for the accommodation / care of children
- placement arrangement or secure care arrangement
- children and community services officer
- detention centre
- community child health service
- counselling or the support service
- religious organisation
- club / association / movement with significant membership / involvement of children
- children's ward of a public or private hospital
- baby sitting or child minding service
- overnight camp involving children
- transport service specifically for children
- school crossing service
- children's entertainment or party service.
You can find more information regarding these categories on the agency website. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.