You may need this approval if you intend to carry out works on premises that will cause emissions. Premises that cause emissions are prescribed premises. Emissions mean the:
- discharge of waste
- emission of noise, odour or electromagnetic radiation
- transmission of electromagnetic radiation.
Circumstances in which you will need this approval include:
- causing premises to, or become capable of, becoming prescribed premises
- adding a new category of emissions to an existing prescribed premises
- performing works that would increase or change emissions from the prescribed premises due to the works.
Prescribed premises include, but are not limited to, premises used for:
- intensive livestock housing
- mineral and resource extraction
- processing of food, animal and plant matter or products
- waste management, collection or disposal
- storage or warehousing of large quantities of chemicals
- energy generation.