You will require this approval if you intend to dispose of commercial or industrial waste into a waste receptacle that is to be collected by Council or an authorised person. The type of waste that is counted as commercial or industrial waste is as follows:
- Hot or burning ashes;
- Oil, motor spirit or other flammable liquid;
- Liquid, paint, or other solvent;
- Bricks, concrete, earth or other like substances;
- Drugs, dressings, bandages, swabs or blood samples unless placed in a sealed impervious container;
- Hospital, medical, veterinary, laboratory or pathological substances containing blood unless placed in a sealed impervious container;
- Syringes, needles, surgical hardware, broken glass, sharps or other sharp objects unless placed in a sealed impervious container; or
- Cytotoxics, radioactive substances and dangerous chemicals.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.