You will require this approval if you intend to conduct activities within a port operated by a port authority. The types of activities that require this authorisation include:
- Social functions on board a vessel;
- Leaving waste;
- Discharging waste or ballast;
- Put up notices or signs;
- Interfering with port equipment;
- Entering with an animal;
- Loading and unloading livestock;
- Selling or supplying items;
- Dredging; or
- Launching vessels in an unauthorised place.
There are currently five port authorities:
- Fremantle Port Authority;
- Southern Ports Authority;
- Mid West Ports Authority;
- Kimberley Ports Authority; and
- Pilbara Ports Authority.
Please consult the relevant Port Authority for more information.