Export and Assurance Certificates - Western Australia


You may require this certificate if you intend to move within, import into or export from WA, any agricultural or related items. A certificate may be granted for any of the following:

  • animals
  • agricultural products
  • potential carriers
  • animal feed
  • fertilisers.

The certificates may make any of the following requirements to ensure that the certified thing:

  • is of a particular quality or grade
  • is in a particular condition
  • is free from a particular organism, chemical residue, contaminant or adulterant
  • was produced in a particular area or place
  • was produced in a particular manner
  • has been treated in a particular way
  • complies with particular conditions or requirements.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility Requirements

For the purpose of determining whether to issue an export certificate in relation to animals, agricultural products, potential carriers, animal feed or fertilisers, an inspector may do any or all of the following to those items:

  • inspect, analyse or treat
  • take samples or specimens
  • supervise the treatment or grading
  • inspect materials used to treat or grade
  • do anything else that the Agency considers necessary or desirable.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As per certificate.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application Sole Trader, Partnership, Company, Trust, Co-operative, Incorporated Association, Other

The fee for an export certificate will vary based on time of day, day of the week and the items to be inspected. Fees may be flat or charged per 15 minute block.

You may also be required to pay an additional fee for the provision of treatment, cleaning or sterilisation services.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information on fees.


Task Resources
Apply Application for Export and Assurance Certificates - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.

Administering agency

Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development

Agriculture and Food

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Pest and Disease Information Service

Operating address: LOCKED BAG 4
Bentley DC, Western Australia 6983
Mailing address: 3 Baron-hay Court
South Perth, Western Australia 6151
Phone: 08 9368 3333
Fax: 08 9474 2405
Email: info@agric.wa.gov.au
Website: Agriculture and Food (Opens in new window)