Fireworks Contractor Licence - Western Australia


You will require this licence if you intend to possess, purchase, supply and use fireworks as part of a fireworks display covered under a Fireworks Event Permit. This licence is also required in order to apply for a Fireworks Event Permit.

This licence will also allow you to manufacture, store and transport fireworks for use in connection with theatrical entertainment.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible for this licence you must:

  • be 21 years of age or over
  • hold a current Dangerous Goods Security Card
  • hold a current Fireworks Operator Licence
  • be able to demonstrate a genuine need for this licence
  • demonstrate the satisfactory level of training, experience, knowledge and competency to be able to conduct the duties of a fireworks contractor
  • provide details and plans of adequate arrangements for the safe and secure handling and storage and transport of the fireworks
  • have developed and be able to apply an Explosives Management Plan, including a security plan
  • have an insurance policy to a minimum of $5 million
  • submit the application form
  • pay the relevant fee.

For a partnership or body corporate, you must also provide the following:

  • evidence that at least one individual who is concerned in the management of, or employed by the body or partnership, holds a current Fireworks Operator Licence
  • evidence of training or competency to demonstrate that that individual is able to conduct the duties of a fireworks contractor
  • details of the individual who is responsible for the safety and security of the fireworks to be stored and used under the licence with details of any infringements relating to dangerous goods or explosives, and any convictions, findings of guilt of pending charges for offences in Australia since his or her Dangerous Goods Security Card or equivalent was issued.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


5 years.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount
Apply Application Sole Trader, Partnership, Company, Trust, Co-operative, Incorporated Association, Other $432.50

Administering agency

Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety

Resources Safety

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Dangerous Goods Licensing

Operating address: Level 2
1 Adelaide Terrace
East Perth, Western Australia 6004
Mailing address: 100 Plain Street
East Perth, Western Australia, 6004
Phone: 08 9358 8001
Website: Dangerous Goods (Opens in new window)