Mooring Licence in an Environmental Reserve - Western Australia


You will require this licence if you intend to use or install a mooring in an environmental reserve. You will not require this licence if:

  • the mooring is not located in an environmental reserve
  • the mooring you want to use is a designated public or temporary mooring
  • you have a commercial activities licence that already covers using a mooring.

Environmental reserves can include:

  • state forests
  • timber reserves
  • national parks
  • conservation parks
  • marine nature reserves
  • marine parks
  • marine management areas
  • some private reserves managed by the state government.

If your mooring is located in one of the above areas, you may apply for either a:

  • rental mooring licence (allowing you to use rental mooring)
  • private mooring licence (allowing you to install and / or own and control a private mooring). You can only apply to install a private mooring in an area designated by the Agency as a mooring area.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible for this licence you must:

  • specify the location of the mooring (or proposed mooring) to which the application relates
  • give the particulars of the vessel to which the application relates (for rental moorings) or the purposes for the mooring and the particulars of the class of vessels which will use the mooring (for private moorings)
  • specify the period for which the licence is sought
  • ensure your mooring is suitable for the types of vessels that will use it
  • ensure your mooring does not constitute a danger or interfere with the navigation of other craft.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified on the licence.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application Sole Trader, Partnership, Company, Trust, Co-operative, Incorporated Association, Other

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.


Task Resources
Apply Mooring Licence in an Environmental Reserve - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.

Administering agency

Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Parks and Wildlife Service

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.


Operating address: Technology Park, Western Precinct
17 Dick Perry Avenue
Kensington, Western Australia 6151
Mailing address: LOCKED BAG 104
Bentley DC, Western Australia 6983
Phone: 08 9219 9000
Website: Parks and Wildlife Service (Opens in new window)