Permit to Interfere with the Bed or Banks of a Watercourse - Western Australia


You will require this permit if you have a watercourse on your property and you intend to do any activity that might interfere with or obstruct the watercourse or its banks or surrounds. This includes the construction or modification of a dam or weir.

This permit does not authorise you to take any water for irrigation or other commercial purposes. That may require a separate approval.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible for this permit you must:

  • Provide details of the activities you propose to carry out;
  • Detail the location of the watercourse and your property;
  • Have the necessary financial resources to carry out your proposed activities; and
  • Submit the required form.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified on the permit.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application Sole Trader, Partnership, Company, Trust, Co-operative, Incorporated Association, Other

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.

Other resources

Administering agency

Department of Water and Environmental Regulation


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Water Licensing

Operating address: The Atrium
Level 4
168 St Georges Terrace
Perth, Western Australia 6000
Mailing address: LOCKED BAG 33
Cloisters Square Po, Western Australia 6850
Toll Free: 1800 508 885