Undertake Controlled Activity in an Environmental Reserve - Western Australia


You will require this approval to undertake an activity that would otherwise be unlawful in an environmental reserve. Environmental reserves include:

  • state forests
  • timber reserves
  • national parks
  • conservation parks
  • marine nature reserves
  • marine parks
  • marine management areas
  • some private reserves managed by the state government.

Activities that require this approval include:

  • abseiling outside a designated abseiling area
  • sandboarding
  • erecting or placing any structure (including buildings, fences, posts, jetties, pontoons, cairns, memorials or gates but not a mooring which requires a different licence)
  • clearing any land
  • quarrying, removing or disturbing any rocks, soil or leaf litter
  • dumping or abandoning vehicles or machinery
  • damaging or disturbing any property (including signs, structures, ticket machines and aboriginal artefacts)
  • placing signs or notices
  • lighting a fire, campfire or stove in a restricted area.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility Requirements

Please consult directly with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application Sole Trader, Partnership, Company, Trust, Co-operative, Incorporated Association, Other

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.


Task Resources
Apply Application to Undertake a Controlled Activity in an Environmental Reserve - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.

Administering agency

Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Parks and Wildlife Service

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.


Operating address: Technology Park, Western Precinct
17 Dick Perry Avenue
Kensington, Western Australia 6151
Mailing address: LOCKED BAG 104
Bentley DC, Western Australia 6983
Phone: 08 9219 9000
Website: Parks and Wildlife Service (Opens in new window)