You will require this licence if you intend to own, carry or possess a paintball marker. A paintball marker is a firearm that is designed to discharge a paintball. The licence is compulsory if you intend to operate a paintball activity centre. This licence is only issued for conducting paintball activities at specifically approved locations.
You do not require this licence if you intend to participate in paintball activities at approved locations using paintball markers owned by someone else, such as the field operator.
A paintball marker licence holder who normally lives interstate is deemed to be the holder of a corresponding licence in Victoria for the purpose of participating in paintball gaming activities.
Interstate paintball marker licence holders who intend to permanently reside in Victoria can possess, carry and use a paintball marker for paintball gaming activities for a period of three months upon notification to the Chief Commissioner of their permanent residency in Victoria. An application for a Victorian paintball marker licence will need to be made during this three month period.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this licence, you must:
- be 18 years old
- have completed a Paintball Safety Course in Victoria within the last 12 months
- provide information about membership at a paintball club or organisation
- successfully complete any required medical and optical tests
- demonstrate that you require the licence to engage in activities involving paintball markers at an approved location
- provide all details of previous convictions or offences
- pay any prescribed fees.
Ongoing requirements include:
- storing your paintball markers in accordance with the storage arrangements specified in legislation
- making your storage arrangements available for inspection
- notifying Victoria Police in writing within 14 days of any changes to your address or any other licence details.
5 years, unless revoked or cancelled.
| ||Type||Business structure||Amount||Description
Natural person. Fees for 2016-17.
|Application||–||$414.00||Body corporate. Fees for 2016-17.
Please lodge your form, fee (not cash, cheque or money order only) and any associated documents directly with the agency. You will need to attach:
- Details of any name changes you have had;
- A medical report, if applicable;
- Court extracts, if applicable;
- A copy of your Paintball Safety Course Certificate;
- 100 points of certified identification documents; and
- Any other relevant information.
Firearms Act 1996 (Victoria)
Firearms Regulations 2008 (Victoria)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon