To be eligible for approval, you must:
- not, during the last five years, have been convicted or found guilty by a court in Australia of an offence against the law of any jurisdiction that involves fraud or dishonesty (in regard to a corporation this is applicable to each director of the corporation)
- not be disqualified from applying for approval
- be a suitable person to be the proprietor of approved premises
- the premises must be suitable and equipped according to the authorising Agency's requirements.
Furthermore, you need to keep up-to-date copies of:
- the ACT Inspection Manual for Light Vehicles
- the ACT Inspection Manual for Heavy Vehicles
- each Australian Design Rule forming a part of either manual
- any document a part of which is applied, adopted or incorporated in either manual.
You are also need to:
- clearly display the certificate of approval for your premises
- clearly display a notice with the words 'approved inspection station' in capital letters at least 5cm high.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.