To be eligible for approval, you must:
- Not, during the last five years, have been convicted or found guilty by a court in Australia of an offence against the law of any jurisdiction that involves fraud or dishonesty (in regard to a corporation this is applicable to each director of the corporation);
- Not be disqualified from applying for approval; and
- Be a suitable person to be the proprietor of approved premises; and
- The premises must be suitable and equipped according to the authorising Agency's requirements.
Furthermore, you are required to keep up-to-date copies of:
- The ACT Inspection Manual for Light Vehicles;
- The ACT Inspection Manual for Heavy Vehicles;
- Each Australian Design Rule forming a part of either manual; and
- Any document a part of which is applied, adopted or incorporated in either manual.
You are also required to:
- Clearly display the certificate of approval for your premises; and
- Clearly display a notice with the words 'approved inspection station' in capital letters at least 5cm high.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.