You will require a permit if you intend to acquire, possess or use a firearm for varying reasons. Examples of firearms permits include:
- A permit to acquire a firearm for a specified time
- Shortening or conversion of firearms
- Collecting ammunition
- Selling or transferring of firearms in certain circumstances
- The possession of firearms in 'other circumstances' provided for in the regulations including film, theatrical productions or historical re-enactment
- The purpose of an arms fair
- The possession and use of a tranquilliser for occupation specific use
- Use of a powerhead for an occupation purpose or for a marine recreational purpose
- The possession or use of an imitation firearm.
Each variation of permit will be subject to conditions.
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.