Load Line Certificate - Australian Government


You will need this certificate if you are the master or owner of a domestic commercial vessel over 24 metres in length unless it is:

  • a fishing vessel
  • a vessel used only to carry passengers in smooth and partially smooth waters.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible, you must:

  • make sure your vessel complies with relevant parts of the Uniform Shipping Laws (USL) code
  • complete any relevant forms
  • pay any prescribed fees.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.

Act(s) name

Marine Safety (Domestic Commercial Vessel) National Law Act 2012 Australian Government

Regulation(s) name

Marine Order 507 (Load Line Certificates - National Law) 2018 Australian Government

Administering agency

Australian Maritime Safety Authority

Ship Safety Division

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.