To be eligible as an approved organisation, your organisation must be a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), and you must:
- hold current Certificate II and / or III in Security Operations qualifications
- hold a current NSW Master Security licence, or have submitted an application to be granted a licence.
If the above criteria are met, you will be subject to a comprehensive assessment by the Agency to determine whether your organisation has the resources and capability to meet the regulatory requirements and whether it is compliant with security industry legislation.
All trainers and assessors must meet, and continue to meet once approved, the following criteria:
- hold a current NSW Class 2D (Security Trainer) licence
- hold the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment as a minimum qualification
- hold the Certificate IV in Security and Risk Management as a minimum qualification
- demonstrate vocational competencies at least to the level to be delivered and assessed
- demonstrate they are continuing to develop their VET knowledge and skills, as well as maintaining their industry currency and trainer / assessor competence
- demonstrate past and current compliance with all conditions imposed by the Commissioner on their NSW Class 2D (Security Trainer) licence
- demonstrate suitability to be an approved trainer, including undertaking, and completing to the satisfaction of the Agency, a knowledge assessment.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.