To be eligible as an approved organisation, your organisation must be a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), and you must:
- be a National VET Regulator (NVR) Registered Training Organisation whose scope of registration for NSW includes the current Certificate II in Security Operations and / or Certificate III in Security Operations qualification(s) or successors
- hold a current NSW Master security licence, or have submitted an application to be granted a NSW Master security licence
- agree to comply with all conditions imposed by the Commissioner if the application is approved.
If the above criteria are met, you will be subject to a comprehensive assessment by the Agency to determine whether your organisation has the resources and capability to meet the regulatory requirements and whether it is compliant with security industry legislation.
All trainers and assessors must meet, and continue to meet once approved, the following criteria:
- hold a current NSW Class 2D (Security Trainer) licence
- hold the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment as a minimum qualification
- hold the Certificate IV in Security and Risk Management as a minimum qualification
- demonstrate vocational competencies at least to the level to be delivered and assessed
- demonstrate they are continuing to develop their VET knowledge and skills, as well as maintaining their industry currency and trainer / assessor competence
- demonstrate past and current compliance with all conditions imposed by the Commissioner on their NSW Class 2D (Security Trainer) licence
- demonstrate suitability to be an approved trainer, including undertaking, and completing to the satisfaction of the Agency, a knowledge assessment.