You will require this licence if you intend to operate a business which provides persons to engage in security activities. This licence may be obtained by individuals, corporations or government agencies.
Security activities include:
- acting as a bodyguard
- acting as a crowd controller
- patrolling, protecting or guarding any property
- installing, maintaining, repairing or servicing security equipment
- selling security equipment, methods or principles
- providing advice in relation to security equipment or security risks
- providing training or instruction in relation to any security activity
- assessing another person's competence to carry out security activities
- negotiating or otherwise obtaining contracts pertaining to security activities or personnel
- carrying on locksmithing activities.
Please be aware that you will also require a class 1 or 2 licence to carry out security activities yourself. If you are a sole trader you must hold both a Master Licence and the appropriate individual licence(s).
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.