You will require this licence if you intend to use specified explosives and / or security sensitive dangerous substances. Security sensitive dangerous substances currently refers to security sensitive ammonium nitrate. Explosives include:
- dangerous goods of Class 1
- goods too dangerous to be transported
- articles or substances that, when manufactured, mixed, transported or assembled, can produce an explosive or pyrotechnic effect.
This licence allows you to:
- use, at the specified premises or location, the explosives / substances in quantities specified in the licence
- mix explosive precursors for the purpose of manufacturing substances in accordance the relevant standards
- purchase, possess, transport and dispose of explosives / substances in accordance with the relevant standards
- store explosives at you premises or at a facility that has also been notified.
Please be aware that is a condition of the licence that you only use the specified daily limits (total quantities for explosives per day). If you intend to exceed the daily limits, you will require further approval.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.