You will need this licence to act as a hunting guide and assist a person on a hunt for game or feral animals for a fee or reward. Game and feral animals include, but are not limited to:
- wild deer, such as sambar and fallow
- game birds (other than native game birds) such as California quail and pheasant
- feral animals such as pigs, foxes and rabbits
- ducks under the game bird management program.
There are two classes of licences:
- General (Guide) Game Hunting Licence (G-Guide)
- Restricted (Guide) Game Hunting Licence (R-Guide).
A G-Guide licence authorises you to:
- undertake guided hunting activities for game birds on private land
- hunt game birds for personal recreation.
A G-Guide licence does not entitle you to hunt or guide hunting activities on public land.
An R-Guide licence authorises you to undertake guided hunting activities for game and feral animals on public land. It also confers the authority of a Restricted (Standard) Game Hunting Licence.
R-Guide licence holders are responsible for the following:
- all hunters being guided on public land must be licensed
- both the hunter and the guide must be accredited in the restricted licence category for the type of hunting occurring
- both the hunter and the guide must apply for, and carry at all times (either digitally or physically), written permission to hunt.