You will require this licence if you intend to act as a hunting guide and assist a person on a hunt for game or feral animals for a fee or reward. Game and feral animals include, but are not limited to:
- wild deer such as sambar and fallow
- game birds (other than native game birds) such as California quail and pheasant
- feral animals such as pigs, foxes and rabbits
- ducks under the game bird management program.
There are two classes of licences:
- A NSW general (guide) game hunting licence is required if you intend to guide others in their pursuit of hunting game animals on private land in NSW.
- A NSW restricted (guide) game hunting licence is required if you intend to guide others in their pursuit of hunting game and feral animals on public land in NSW.
Please be aware that depending on the nature of your intended activities (for example, using firearms as part of the hunting activities) you will require additional licences.